Do you know that the Taipei airport offers free half day tour for tourist? Here is the link: http://eng.taiwan.net.tw/tour/index.htm
And if you are staying over nights, I would suggest to stay at the W-Taipei hotel. Its location is next to the MTR, which is very convenient for train rides and their service is outrageous!
|Welcome gift is awaiting in your room ...|
Despite the hot and humid weather, Taiwan has a lot to offer especially if you are up for an adventurous. And their foods! They have quite a number of night markets and you would find a lot of snacks. All kinds, from mushrooms, seafood, soup, mango shave iced and more.
Places that I would recommend:
- Visiting the Night Markets (http://journeyofmylifendestiny.blogspot.com/2012/11/night-market-in-taiwan.html)
- Taroko National Park (http://journeyofmylifendestiny.blogspot.com/2012/11/journey-to-taroko-national-park-taiwan.html)
- Sun Moon Lake (http://journeyofmylifendestiny.blogspot.com/2012/11/journey-to-sun-moon-lake.html)
- Watching Sun Rise at Mount Ali (http://journeyofmylifendestiny.blogspot.com/2012/10/journey-to-mount-ali-taiwan.html)
- Ximending shopping area, clothing here are really inexpensive and you can try them on as well. Eventhough this place is not the wholesale markets but their prices are not that far off. I also went to wufenpu, garment wholesale market, which literally 1000 shops selling all kind of garments. But the problem with that place is you can't try on which I found it a bit cumbersome.
- Taipei 101, high rise luxury shopping area. We didn't get to go to the top since it was cloudy on the day when were scheduled to go. Oh ... well :-)
- If you love dumplings, you must visit this place and they are de-li-ci-ous! http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g293913-d1013319-Reviews-Din_Tai_Fung_Chung_Hsiao_Road-Taipei.html
Just like when I was in Italy, I found Italians are very very heart-warning, same here in Taiwan. Taiwanese would go out of their ways to help you whenever you ask for it and they are very friendly. Our experiences throughout was nothing but fun. And we can't wait to go back for more delicious delicacies.
Until next stop,
Journey of Life